Following a re-allocation of roles and duties within the firm, a new dedicated position is being created for an Accounts Administrator.
The role is full time office based in Whitefield, Manchester.
JPS Chartered Surveyors | Accounts Administration Role
- A firm of specialist auctioneers and valuers of machinery and business assets
- Regulated by RICS.
- Act primarily for insolvency practitioners, lending institutions and private companies for provision of asset management and surplus asset disposal.
- Operate from office and warehouses in Whitefield, Manchester.
- Team comprises professional staff, auction porters, administration and logistical support.
- We are a progressive firm that embraces the decades and generations of experience with modern technology, seeking staff to assist in further enhancing efficiency of systems.
- The firm is owned by fourth generation auctioneers and maintains an unrivalled reputation.
- Infrastructure established to offer a wide range of solutions for the disposal of surplus assets including online auction platforms, marketplaces and private treaty.
Person specification and skills
- Good telephone manner,
- Able to communicate effectively with all staff and non staff
- Excellent reliability
- Works efficiently and methodically
- Good problem-solving skills
- Sage Accounts, Microsoft Excel intermediate skills
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Access would be an advantage.
Requests for Payment (RFPs) and invoices
- Create Sales orders on Sage for Private treaty sales, add attachments,
- Convert to invoice when payment received,
- Monitor payment date checks,
- Credit notes preparation and issuing,
- Add entries to supplier for client account balance.
- Monitor auction bidders for approvals
- Close auction, import results, issue invoices to buyers
- Monitor payments received from auction and update system
- Deliveries – add shipping quotes and send payment link
- Update warehouse with deliveries to ship
- Export invoices set to VAT zero if qualifying
- Track and pursue unpaid buyers
- Amend system for any agreed changes to invoices
- Customer queries – telephone and email
Client Account reconcile Start every Mon PM, start Sage upload, must be finished every week
- Obtain reports from online systems
- Manipulate data to create sage audit imports (Excel and Access)
- Import data to sage
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Investigate unreconciled transactions
- Investigate customer balances
- Client account reconcile is not like normal sage reconciles, it is imperative that control nominals are always balanced.
- Investigate case account if negative balance
- Produce reconcile reports for RICS compliance – spreadsheet check system from exported Sage data, bank statements, reconcile reports.
- Advise to case managers weekly movement on cases
- Fee (sales) invoice
- Obtain all fee invoices not entered on Sage
- Input into sage
- Supplier invoices
- Ensure coded with N/c and Case
- Staff expenses processing
- Case manager checks
- Input to sage
- Weekly reconciles
- Bank reconciles
- Update case management database
- Import Fee invoice date from sage
- Import disbursements from sage
- Manage supplier payments and process for approval
- Month end routines
- Check all fee invoices entered
- Check all cases entered on case management databases
- Balance customer and supplier accounts
- Year end routines to prepare for audit
- Seek reduction in costs where possible with suppliers or source quotes for provisions to us
- Predation of self-bill accounts to remit funds to vendors
- Preparation of fee invoices, as directed by case managers
- Update database when fee invoice issued or paid, client account movements, disbursement.
- Answer phones
- Answer queries, take messages or forward calls
- Monitor holidays
- Monitor sickness
- Liaising with utilities, suppliers, etc.
- Liaise with payroll, health insurance providers, cash plans, pensions and DIS suppliers when change in staffing.
- Once initial primary tasks are comprehended and achieved, further duties will be added to include exporting reports and manipulating through advanced Excel and/or Access use, would need skills including VLOOKUP.