Senior Auction Porter
JPS Chartered Surveyors are auctioneers and valuers who manage and sell assets on behalf of insolvency practitioners, lenders and private companies. The assets we handle range from industrial equipment to retail stock.
Sales are held on site or from our sale and storage room located in Whitefield, Manchester and are conducted by online auction or through marketplace sales, where the solutions to our clients are tailored to the needs and circumstances.
Location: Based in Whitefield, Manchester M45; Off-site nationally as required
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 p.a.
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Job Type: Permanent/Full Time
- 28 days including bank holidays.
- Private medical insurance.
- Healthshield cash plan.
- Death in service insurance.
We are looking for a reliable, dynamic, capable and solution orientated person to join our team on a full-time basis.
The role briefly is to provide efficient logistical support including handling/management of assets through lot allocation (auction set-up) to final dispatch and or collection. Deliver an efficient and safe collection facility for the business.
The candidate will have a wide-ranging role that will include, but not limited to:
- undertaking and managing off-site activities as required;
- managing and developing junior members of staff including apprentices;
- recovery and relocation of assets from site to our sale and storage facility;
- supervising customer collection of assets;
- preparation of sites for sales, including risk assessments, laying out of lots;
- Identifying, labelling and photographing auction items;
- Helping clients with queries;
- Manual handling of auction items;
- Assist cataloguing and stock management, to include stock taking, as required;
- Dealing with the customers face to face;
- Assist auction viewing by helping customers with enquiries;
- Carry out Risk Assessments when collection duties are required;
- The role will also potentially encompass a variety of other tasks including customer liaison, invoice management and sale negotiations.
Skills, qualifications and attributes
- Candidates will be expected to possess a good level of physical fitness as duties will include handling of assets and includes some heavy lifting;
- Working under pressure, balancing priorities and being well organised;
- Reliable with a strong problem-solving skills;
- Full, clean driving licence;
- A ‘can-do’ attitude is essential;
- Attention to detail and complete confidentiality are also required;
- Computer Literate;
- Good communication skills;
- Capable of multitasking;
- Good customer service skills;
- Ensuring our high level of service at all times. This role requires a strict attention to detail while working under pressure;
- Preferable but not essential criteria:
- Forklift licence
- HGV licence
The role is warehouse based requiring the wearing of personal protective equipment at all times.
The duties are repetitive and physically demanding requiring a reasonably high level of physical fitness.
The successful candidate may travel to client sites as required, so own transport would is essential.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: